Sunday, November 18, 2007

NIHAO!

What's up everyone and greetings from Shanghai! I just wanted to explain the blog name. It represents where I live. I wasn't sure what I'd name the blog until I got here and then the name became obvious. The best way I can describe China after my very short time here is the wild wild east. People, lights, noise, buildings, traffic, shops, construction, oh, and did I mention the people? They're everywhere.

601 is our apartment number. We live in a 34-story building on Fengyang Lu, just west of the North-South Expressway. Please swing by if you're in the neighborhood.

4 comments:

Eleanor Armstrong said...

Chris....what corner is your building on? And when I get to the corner, do I go North, South, East, or West? Denise and Lil will want to know.....LOL

Love, Mom xo

Anonymous said...

Chris,
Kudos & congratulations on what appears already to be a shaping into a very exciting adventure. You make me wish I was young again. Please continue to keep us posted. Thanksgiving Greetings to you and Greta.
Best, Bob

Anonymous said...

The slideshow is amazing! All the visuals are. Keep up the great work. Best, B.

Mary T. said...

Chris.....Shanghai looks like a place where a lot of fun could and should be had! Enjoy every minute of it! So, is there such a thing as a "South Shanghai" accent and does it mirror a "South Philly" accent - wit or witout???? ;-)


HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Xiexie (that's all Kev could remember from his days of chinese classes in college)He sends his hello's as well!