Monday, March 17, 2008

Getting ready for a trip

Rachel arrived in one piece on Saturday afternoon. I met her at the airport around 3pm. Like Matt's visit, the first thing we did was ride the 260mph Maglev train into the city before jumping on the subway to our place. Yesterday, I finished my last day at Kai En (more on that later) while Rachel showed herself around the city and hung out with my new bud Melissa. I grabbed dinner with them last night and offered to pay Melissa for her babysitting services, but she would not take the money, saying that Rachel did not cry or pout when it was time to turn off the TV and go to bed.

Tomorrow, Rachel and I are heading to Xi'an, the ancient capital of China, as well as Gansu province. There, we hope to check-out a few towns such as Lanzhou, Xiahe, and Jiayuguan (has sections of the Great Wall). This is my first trip into the real China so needless to say I'm pretty stoked about it!

Keep it real.

3 comments:

Eleanor Armstrong said...

Chris....you never told me you were in the "fake" China....LOL

love, mom xo

Anonymous said...

Chris,
Which Rachael is over there with you? #1 or #3?

Anonymous said...

the title of your posting leaves much to the imagination doogie