Thursday, September 18, 2008

The 130-year storm

Or, at least that's what the papers were calling it.

On August 25, Shanghai got hit with what has been called a 130-year storm. It’s the most rain they’ve gotten in a two-hour period in over 130 years. It wasn’t the most violent storm I’ve been around because there wasn’t much wind, but I have to admit it was impressive. The thunder woke me up at 6:30 and I stared out the window for another hour, watching the lightning and thunder.

This went on basically non-stop for an hour. If I wasn’t so tired, I probably would have done more than take pictures of our alleyway.

----

The other pictures from the latest slideshow are random and some are from a ferry ride I took last week across the Huangpu River. I had been wanting to check out the Yangpu Bridge for a long time and finally got the chance last week on a beautiful day.

----

(Also, I ended up watching the Eagles game on Tuesday night with a Cowboys fan, a Giants fan, and a Redskins fan. I know that sounds like the beginning of a joke, but it really happened. The NFC East's finest along with the other three teams - there we were at the Big Bamboo. The Giants fan was from Canada and didn't really care who won, but the Redskins fan was pulling for the Birds. He was getting on my nerves though because he knew the outcome of the game but was cheering anyway - bizarre. Obviously I was disappointed, but I have to admit it was a terrific game. And after watching, it's tough not to expect big things from the Birds this season.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Chris.....now I'm getting spoiled by all your new stories! I'll expect 1 or 2 every time I sign on now....LOL. The new pictures are great as usual. Oh, will you be in China for the next 130?

love, mom xo