Monday, April 06, 2009

South Korea Awaits...

I booked my flight for South Korea yesterday. It was the first time I booked something over the phone using Chinese and it went fairly well. And while I realize the timing is bizarre (anyone hear about that rocket North Korea just fired?), this adventure actually started last week when I got in touch with my friend Sunny. She said she would be in Seoul next week with her husband. I told her I was close enough to Korea that I could take a boat there (17 hours) so we agreed to meet up.

And, while I am very interested in taking the boat, flying was too advantageous to pass-up. I found a good price and the flight time is about an hour from Yantai to Seoul. I will fly there on Thursday and Sunny leaves on Friday so I’ll have two days in the South Korean capital to myself. I recently got in touch with my buddy in Shanghai who used to live in Seoul and he’s going to set me up with some of his friends. If that falls through, I’ll be crashing in a hostel for three nights before returning to the other side of the Yellow Sea (Yantai) on Sunday. Until then, I’m practicing the only Korean I know – an yo ha say o (hello) – and looking forward to seeing another foreign country.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Chris....Hope you like the "Seoul" food.

love, mom xo