Sunday, December 13, 2009

Three weeks since Chicago

Today marks the three week anniversary since I visited Chicago for:

1. My friend Jill's football game
2. The Bears-Eagles wedding
3. Maybe I should switch those two around
4. Getting my old things out of storage

Regarding the latter, my cousin warned me that I would end up throwing out at least half the stuff I had in storage and he was right. In fact, it cost me about $100 because I threw away so much stuff that it overflowed from the dumpsters. But I knew deep down that there were at least a few items of sentimental value that I must keep, a few of which were my old journals.

And in one of those journals, I came across a lot of old memories that I had since forgotten about. For example, about ten years ago I was going through (what I considered to be) a dreadful break-up. At that age, it probably meant that I was paying way too much attention to the girl, she was ignoring me, and I couldn't handle it. So, I wrote. A lot. I even took a crack at writing songs and poems, which is something I rarely tried before or since. The next post will be one of them.

Ideally, I will also write more about my experiences with Expedia and Enterprise that weekend, having a GPS stolen, the torture of driving 12 hours non-stop by yourself, how good it is to see old friends, the feeling you get when you go back to a place you used to be intimately familiar with and it seems like you never left, and the best song to sing in a karaoke bar.

No comments: