Saturday, December 29, 2007

Zhu Ni Shengri Kuaile


“Happy Holidays, Happy Holidays! While the merry bells keep ringing, Happy Holidays to you.”
-Andy Williams

Some people prefer saying “Merry Christmas” instead of “Happy Holidays” around this time of year and I can’t blame them. However, “Happy Holidays” has its merits. It encompasses many holidays at once and it tells you to appreciate every one of them. When someone says it to you, they are saying, “Hey pal, eat a lot of turkey on Thanksgiving, drink some champagne on New Year’s, I hope Santa treats you well, and (most importantly) be sure to sit back and relax on Chris’s birthday.” And on that note….

Today is the 29-year anniversary of my parents hitting the jackpot at St. Agnes Hospital at Broad and Snyder (in South Philly). It’s also the 11-year anniversary of yours truly turning 18 in San Francisco (the day the Eagles lost to the 49ers in a muddy playoff game); and the 8-year anniversary of my turning 21 at the Connor Club and celebrating with my family and friends.

Another way I like to think of today: school Christmas break used to have a one-day hiatus, December 29, when all students had to go to school just so they would stay “in the swing of things” and not get too lazy during their time-off. But after 1978, it was decided that this should be a public holiday in honor of yours truly and therefore….no school.

My ex-girlfriend thought I was commitment-phobic, but I can tell you this is not true. I am committed -- to getting older, one day at a time, and one year at a time. With that in mind, I am committed to turning 30 next year. Being 29 makes me “practically 30” so bring it on.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chris,

Hope you have a very Happy 29th Birthday!☺

Greta's MOM

Anonymous said...

Chris.....with all that being said on your blog, I was dumbfounded when you told me last night on the phone, that your school was giving you the day off for your birthday! I didn't want to tell you, but I called them and asked them to do it.

Love, (and Happy 29th) Mom xo

doyoutri said...

HAPPY BDAY......

Debbie said...

Happy Birthday!!

Love Aunt Deb and Uncle Mike

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday :)

Ciao, Annette

Anonymous said...

Chris..I sent you a belated card...it will probably reach you the same time as my other card..HAPPY DAY...Love, Aunt Eileen

Anonymous said...

Chris. I did send another message...guess it is lost in computer land...LOve, Aunt Eileen

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated 29th Birthday Chris. I have to ask, "Did you forget your comb?" your hair is crazy in all these pics.

At last week's Bears -Staints game they showed the keeper of the replay machine, we thought of you.

Happy New Year. Lisa

Anonymous said...

Hi Chris! It looks like you're having a great time in Shanghai! I'm so jealous... :) JK Anyway how were you're holidays? Mine were great except the fact that I got sick during majority of my vacation time. Back to work now... Keep in touch!


Rebekah ;)

Anonymous said...

Chris.....Lisa is right--your hair does look crazy!! In some of those pictures you look like Art Garfunkel!!

Love, Mom xo