Tuesday, December 25, 2007

MERRY CHRISTMAS









Nick is alive and well in the Far East ---
It’s on like Donkey Kong when it comes to Christmas here. Decorations and holiday music are everywhere. In fact, as we speak, I’m sitting in a Starbucks listening to Nat King Cole sing about roasting chestnuts. Like the modernity of China, this surprised me.

I figured some people would know what Christmas was and perhaps even celebrate it, but I was wrong. They’re into it here, not quite like we are, but they dig it. I get the sense that they know it’s a big deal and a reason to give presents, but they don’t really know why. It’s a step in the right direction as twenty years ago, the Holiday was probably unheard of.

I hope everyone is enjoyed their Christmas with family. And, on that note, I'd like to send a shout-out to mine:

Sheng dan kuai le (Merry Christmas) Mom, Dad, Bernadette, Brendan and Edward!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chris.... and Xin Nian Hao

Love, Mom xo

Anonymous said...

Chris. Sorry you woke up to a Vodka Hangover...look on the bright side at least you woke up ...Happy 2008....Love,Aunt Eileen

Anonymous said...

lOVED THE BLOG.
KEEP THEM COMING.
I SHARE YOUR BLOG WITH MY NEIGHBOR WHOS 2 CHILDREN WERE ADOPTED FROM CHINA...............
HAPPY NEW YEAR CHRIS AND FRIENDS.

PATTI KING *YOUR MOM AND DADS FRIEND ( I THINK HAHHAHAHAAA )