Thursday, December 20, 2007

Hark, someone hit the shuffle button by accident

A funny thing happened to me today at the gym. Actually, two funny things happened and both of them were firsts. For the first time this holiday season, I heard “Hark the Herald Angels Sing.” And for the first time in my life, I heard it followed by “California Knows How to Party” by Dr. Dre.

I like both songs and together they work better than you might think, but it definitely caught me off-guard and emphasized the fact that I need to have a talk with the manager there. “Uh, Jack, you might want to switch-up the play list a bit. Maybe throw Santana’s Black Magic Woman in before the Dre song, maybe give the listener a little warning that we’re veering out of Christmas land before we get to Compton.”

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hark.....were they sung in English?

love, mom xo

Andy said...

It's good to see that you're still going to the gym. You wouldn't want that Mr. Universe physique to deteriorate.

Have a Merry Christmas and a Great New Year Sanderson!

Anonymous said...

I hope you have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Anonymous said...

Dre and family Christmas music in the gym back-to-back... That's some funny shiz-nit.