Saturday, December 22, 2007

Sort of like “Where’s Waldo?” --- Sort of.




It’s time for some fun here at Wildeast. How about a game of “Spot the teacher!” Yesterday, in a classroom in the Puxi neighborhood of Shanghai, two Germans, a French woman, and two Americans learned to say the following in Chinese: “There are two rivers in my town and they both have a bridge going over them. One is large and one is small.” Everyone who partook in this event is in the picture. Can you spot the teacher?

On a side note, I just want to say that I’m really digging the Chinese classes, not just because they are incredibly challenging, but because I got lucky. Our classmates are terrific and our teacher (or "laoshi," in Chinese) makes our lessons fun and interesting. Greta is not picking up the material as quickly as me, but she is patient and persistent so I try to help her as much as I can. It’s sort of my good deed for the holidays – sort of.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Chris.....is this a trick question? You all are teachers. Oh wait a minute,(a blonde minute)..I get it now...it's the girl in the stripe sweater!!! And you're so nice to help Greta...are you sure it isn't the other way around...LOL

Love, mom xo