Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Nose hair

– I’ve never trimmed my nose hairs. Am I the only one in this category? It drives my sister nuts. That’s part of the reason I’ve never cut them. The other part is you need all the filter you can get here. Just about every night, I come home, scratch the inside of my nose and the tips of my fingers are grey.

It’s almost at the point where I’m thinking about wearing one of those masks, the ones that make you look like you’re going into 9-hour open heart surgery. I always thought they looked menacing but anything beats snorting brown-grey dust. Greta made a comment that she didn’t notice what a clear day was like until she went back to Chicago and now I see what she means. There really aren’t many clear days here. Don’t get me wrong, it gets sunny, but not super clear.

I think one of the reasons men live shorter is pride (or stupidity). Women are not afraid to rock the surgery masks because of the dust and, on sunny days, they carry umbrellas. Don’t get me wrong. I wear hats when it gets sunny here, especially since I’m going bald, but I can’t bring myself to carry an umbrella unless it's raining. Women here, on the other hand, must carry umbrellas everyday - rain or shine. In my next slide show, I'll throw some pictures in to show you what I mean.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chris. I say invest in a Mask)..Yes, those nose hairs are filters...very good..you did listen in health class..Love,Aunt Eileen

Anonymous said...

Chris.....I was just about to give up on the blog (NEVER!) and wa-la, 3 stories! I am headed to see "State Fair" right now, so I will make my comments later. BUT as Gus, the second most famous groundhog in PA. says, "keep on scratching".....your nose hairs...LOL

love, mom xo

Anonymous said...

Hi Chris, Your cuz(twice removed)Steve here,
I was told by my co-worker that the Chinese ladys protect themselves from the sun, so as not to be confused with farm working girls...A "status symbol" of sorts!
Great Photos!!

Anonymous said...

I told my buddies about the grey boogers story. They got a kick out of it.

By the way just got done book "Last Days of Old Beijing" about the destruction of the hutong. Really cool, you should look into it.

Greg

Anonymous said...

Hey Steve....it's great to see you on here! Tell your Dad hi

your cuz ? times removed

Eleanor