Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Withdraw

I get homesick at some of the oddest times around here. Like, I could be in the middle of an English class and teach the phrase “sarcastic” and miss Philly. Or, for no reason at all, I’m just riding my bike home and miss riding my bike around the neighborhood.

But the last few weeks have been especially tough. First, it was my family being down the shore, then it was Phillies-Cubs, and now it’s the start of the football season. Maybe Shanghai’s mayor is a Bears’ fan and he’s got to have his Bears no matter what time they play. Or maybe every Sunday night game will be broadcast live here. In either case, I’m all set for Eagles-Bears in a couple weeks because last Monday I woke up to Bears-Colts LIVE.

But Monday night is different. The games come on Tuesday morning and I did not see the Packers or Raiders on any of the local channels. For Eagles-Boys, it looks like the best I can do is watch it Tuesday night at a bar called the Big Bamboo (same place I watched the Super Bowl).

http://www.bigbamboo.cn/Calendar/1213329144384-2510/Screened-Sports

As we speak, I'm tracking the Eagles on the internet as they're up 30-24. At halftime, I'll stop tracking it and hold-out until tonight at 10pm when the game comes on at Bamboo. Something tells me not finding out the score around here should be pretty easy.

4 comments:

Anthony Lascio said...

Awesome game. Broke a record for the most watched cable program EVER. Don;t let the final score fool you. We played the best, in their stadium, on Monday night, and gave them the fight of their life. they proved alot to mere last night. We got a damn good team. Also, the Mets are fallin' apart again. Looks like we will see October baseball again in Philly. Good times.

Anonymous said...

At least you were spared the Temple-Buffalo disaster. I'm not sure if you've heard but Lady Luck wasn't exactly on our side.

Greg

Anonymous said...

ARRRGGGHH!!!!!!!!! Between the PHILLIES, EAGLES, and TEMPLE, I'm going to have a sports hernia...LOL
But wouldn't have it any other way; guess it's because I don't know any other way!

love, mom xo

Anonymous said...

Chris,
Sarcastic/Philly. Yes, I do believe they are synonyms!

Love, mom xo