Wednesday, November 12, 2008

A Year

So, Monday was the one year anniversary since I arrived in China. In the morning, I woke up to the Eagles-Giants game and the first two plays pretty much summed up the entire game.


On the first play, the Giants ran for 8 yards. On the second play, we picked it off and soon capitalized. That seemed to be the story of the night - the Giants doing pretty much whatever they wanted while the turnovers kept us in it. They outplayed us so bad, it's impressive that we only lost by 5.


Obviously I was disappointed, but I quickly reminded myself that the Phillies won it all and my mood was right again. How long does it take for a championship to expire? After the game, my buddy Scott (another Philly guy) and I grabbed pizza and beers.

The night saw my first time playing poker in China. The game was at a local bar, right out in the open and advertised --- man I love Shanghai. It was a 300 rmb ($20) buy-in and, at one point, I was up about 1500 rmb. But I quickly gave most of it back and ended-up winning about 200 rmb.

That was it === nothing too extravagant.

GO PHILLIES!

1 comment:

Anthony Lascio said...

That's a good question...on the championship expiring theory. While I have no experience for which to base this on, I say it lasts until...I don't know! I'm still euphoric over it. Quite frankly, I don't care if the Eagles lose out. We Won! The 76ers are off to a disappointingly slow start (2-5)after high expectations coming into this season. Don't care. The Flyers...the Flyers? What? Now I am taken aback by the Owls...they have broken my heart many times through this season. Just ask your brother how painful thisa year was. It was Ron Dickerson X 10. But I'm still happy.