Sunday, January 13, 2008

Disheveled Supplements (from Nanjing)

I survive the duck supper information. The girls walk me to a taxi and tell the driver to take me to the train station. We wave good-bye and openly wonder about whether we’ll see each other again. I make it to the station in time for my departure. While walking down some stairs to my train, I take a picture of a freight train loudly and quickly rolling through the station.

On the ride home, I read the tourist materials I had collected throughout the day to determine exactly what I had seen (and missed). As it turns out, Zhongshan Mountain National Park is split into three main areas:

The Ming Tomb Scenic Area (where we started)
Linggu Scenic Area (spent the majority of the day here)
The Scenic Area of Dr. Sun Yat-sen’s Mausoleum (where we encountered the birds, finished our tour and the day morphed into night)

There is no mention of trainy but it does say that Zhongshan Mountain, located on the eastern outskirts of Nanjing, is also called “Purple Mountain” because purple clouds can often be found hovering over its peaks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Chris....a Purple Mountain? We have Purple Mountains Majesty!

Love, Mom xo