Friday, April 04, 2008

Tripping Again




I hope I do not run into this guy on this trip. We were not so lucky in Gansu province.

Norm arrives from Atlanta in a few hours. We'll spend the weekend in Shanghai, before flying to Dandong on Monday. Dandong is in northeast China, on the border with North Korea. It boasts the easternmost section of the Great Wall. From there, we will take a bus to Dalian, which is further south in the same province (Liaoning). I've heard that Dalian is a beautiful city and we'll probably spend a night there. From Dalian, we'll take a three hour boat ride (across the Yellow Sea) to Yantai and a three hour train to Qingdao, home of China's most famous beer.

2 comments:

Eleanor Armstrong said...

Chris....looks like you are ready for Halloween..LOL; and when you get to Qingdao, have one for me!

Love, Mom xo

aunt eileen said...

Chris..walking on the sand, sitting on the edge of a cliff..be careful...also...So you and Norm are taking a plane, then a train, then a boat....reminds me of a Movie......Trains , Planes, and Automobles,,,,Steve Martin, and John Candy...Take care...LOve Aunt Eileen ps I could not get on the Blog...so i hope this goes through