Saturday, July 19, 2008

My first typhoon

Typhoon Kalmaegi lashed Taiwan yesterday and today it hit China, in a province south of Shanghai. It's been downgraded to a tropical storm so most of what we're getting right now is heavy rain and a little wind. My first typhoon has me thinking about my first hurricane, Hurrican Gloria in 1985: http://www.geocities.com/hurricanene/hurricanegloria.htm

Does anyone remember that one?

Here is a link for the typhoon:
http://www.newkerala.com/one.php?action=fullnews&id=87634

3 comments:

Anthony Lascio said...

Couldn't tell you about Hurricane Gloria, but I can announce the arrival of Hurricane Lascio part III. Anthony checked in @ 8lbs. even on Monday, July 14th at 6:35am EST. The Hurricane is absurdly quiet all day long until approx. 10pm-2am nightly. John Bolaris notices a trend that will keep me dreary eyed for months.

Eleanor Armstrong said...

Chris....I don't remember hurricane "Gloria" only the song "Gloria" (and I can't think of the girl who sang it) "Gloria, I think they got your number....

love, mom xo

btw: did the typhoon cool things off in Shanghai?

Anonymous said...

Chris
Haven't been on the blog for awhile. I do remember Gloria!! In 1985 I was ?? years old. I can't believe you remember. It's been really hot here too, in the nineties most days. Some pretty severe storms with high winds and hail. Lots of trees and wires down. Enjoyed the videos. Hope you like your new apartment.