Thursday, July 31, 2008

Nihao

Hey there -

Sorry I have not been updating the blog more frequently. I was doing pretty good there for awhile, but then I switched apartments and the new place doesn't have an internet connection.

In the near future, I'm going to post some pics of Suzhou, the creamsicle bike, and the apartments in Shanghai.

The fact that there has not been an update on here has been an update in and of itself. There is really not much new in the Wild East, at least with me. I study or teach everyday and most days, I do both.

Everyone is getting excited for the opening ceremony next Friday and I have been given off from work as a result. Or, rather, in Chinese fashion, I have to work Thursday instead of Friday. I don't mind though because I like where I teach; the classes are smaller and the atmosphere is more laid-back than my previous job.

-Chris

ps - the answer was the American Consulate. I just thought it was ironic. I had seen our consulate many times, but I never noticed what was 40 feet away.

4 comments:

Eleanor Armstrong said...

Hey Chris....looking forward to the new pictures! And I'm glad you reminded me about the start of the Olympics!!

love, Mom xo

Anonymous said...

ive been checking for an update. good to hear you're doing well. i think the us basketball team is playing in shanghai right now. i just finished the bar exam so ive got a couple weeks off before i start school...again.

-cousin greg

Anthony Lascio said...

Did you go to any of the USA pre-olympic scheduled basketball games in Shanghai? -Las

Anonymous said...

Chris.....did you find Mickey yet?

love, mom xo